Few weeks ago Google Chrome has started to gradually enforce a new behavior for the SameSite attribute of cookies on its latest stable version of the browser, Chrome version 80. This is also when the checkout process in the Sitecore Commerce 9.1 solution of one of my clients started to fail.
In this blog post I will describe the steps taken to troubleshoot and reproduce this issue, the requirements to manage the SameSite attribute in a .NET solution and its compatibility with Sitecore, and finally the implemented solution to adjust the SameSite attribute value of the authentication cookie.
The Sitecore Hackathon 2020 starts in less than 48 hours and I am getting ready to participate for my second consecutive year with my team, The Prod Squad. One important recommended task to execute before the contest starts is to setup a local development environment, installing the required version of the Sitecore platform. This year the implemented module should be based on Sitecore XP 9.3 and, if you are considering commerce, it should be based on Sitecore Experience Commerce 9.3.
I don’t know yet if we are going to develop a module on Sitecore Commerce this year, but last night I decided to get ready for it and try to install it on my laptop. I have done a good number of Sitecore Commerce 9.1 on-premises installations in the last few months and a lot of manual steps, hacks and fixes were involved to make the installation successful.
Last night I installed Sitecore Commerce 9.3 on my laptop and I managed the entire installation process, including prerequisites installation and parameters configuration, in less than 2 hours! I have encountered only a couple of issues during the installation process and I will describe them in this blog post, starting with some tips that will make your installation process smoother.
All searches in the Sitecore Commerce Business Tools application of one of my clients were not working and no results were returned at all. In my first blog post about Sitecore Commerce, I am going to share some knowledge that I learned about the search functionality available in Business Tools and the troubleshooting steps that I took to identify the root cause of this issue.